About the course
The Proficiency in Security Awareness course is designed to meet the requirements for training as set out in the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code), and the guidance laid out in the SOLAS Regulations 1974. The Ship Security Officer position was formalised under the regulations listed above and the training has become mandatory for new and existing crew unless they already hold SSO or CSO license.
What you will learn
The course runs for half a day and covers:
- ISPS Code background & introduction
- Maritime Security Threats
- ISPS Duties & Responsibilities
- Maritime Security Levels
- The Ship Security Assessment
- Security Verification & Certification
- Interaction with Vessels, Authorities & Ports
- Training, Drills & Exercises
- Suspicious Persons & Behaviour & Circumvention of Security
- Weapons & Explosives
By completing the Proficiency in Security Awareness you will gain the necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency required by personnel intending to work on ships who will not have any designated security duties.
Upcoming course dates
Courses run regularly throughout the year. Please contact us for the date of the next course.
For more information, please email email@example.com
Each session has limited spaces so please reserve your place now to avoid disappointment.
To view available dates for all courses, visit our comprehensive training calendar